We are all scared of this two thing…WRITER’S BlOCK and creating AMAZING content that works!
So I have scoured the internet to help with this issue and have shared below what I have found!
To start off…
The Ultimate List of Blog Post Ideas created by an online group Digital Marketers.
Using this should give you the ability to always have something to write about.
Now that you have an idea…the next question, How do I write a successful Blog post.
Every great blog post has a headline that is engaging and wants to pull you in. Take a headline like “how do Annuities work”.
Does this draw you in? Is this something you would click on?
Now if you labeled it “Is the Jackson AscenderPlus Select Annuity the right Annuity?” or “Here is a Method That is Helping the Wealthy to save on Taxes.”
Both of theses headlines have two different goals. What do I mean by that?
The first one is designed to bring in someone who has already done the shopping. The only reason someone would google that Jackson AscenderPlus Select Annuity is because they are 80% sold on that product they just need justification before making that decision.
If we think about the second topic, what kind of person would care what the wealthy are doing with their money?
It will probably be a Wealthy individual most likely near retirement and really nervous on what they are supposed to do with that 401K that they have. Sounds like the ideal client correct?
First one was designed for the easy sale, the second one is to help build that tribe of good solid leads.
Here are some FREE samples of good headline starters.
Social Proof Headlines
- Here is a Method That is Helping [world-class example] to [blank]
- [blank] Hacking With [world-class example]
- Savvy|Smart|Sexy People Do XYZ
- Why I [blank] (And Maybe You Should Too)
- [Do something] like [world-class example]
- The [desired result] That [world-class example] Is Talking About
- Join [impressive number] of Your Peers that [take the desired action]
- [desired result] Like A [desired group or person]
- How [impressive number] Got [desired result] in [time period]
- Like [world-class example] You Can [desired result]
- [world-class example] Reveals Ways To [desired result]
- Why [impressive number] of People are [taking the desired action]
- A Simple Way To [desired result] That Works For [desired group/person]
- How to [desired result] Like [world-class example]
- Do You Recognize the [number] Early Warning Signs of [blank]?
- If You Don’t [blank] Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
- I’ve Lied to You for [time period] Now
- The Biggest Lie In [your industry]
- X Shocking Mistakes Killing Your [blank]
- Don’t Try [blank] Without [desired action] First
- [blank] May Be Dangerous To [something precious]
- [blank] May Be Causing You To Lose Out On [desired result]
- At Last, The Secret To [desired result] Is Revealed
- The [blank] Risk Hiding In Your [blank]
- Why you shouldn’t [do what I desire them to do]
- Why [blank] Fails and [blank] Succeeds
- Do Not Try Another [blank] Until You [take the desired action]
- The Ugly Truth About [blank]
- Where [desired result] Is And How To Get It
- Discover The [desired result] Secret
- [blank] Your Way To A [desired result] You
- To People That Want To [desired result] But Can’t Get Started
- You, a [desired result]
- Stop [undesired result]
- You Too Can [desired result] in [time period] with [blank]
- How To Become [desired result] When You [something challenging]
- There’s Big [desired result] In [blank]
- You Don’t Have to Be [something challenging] to be [desired result]
- Little Known Ways to [blank]
- How to turn [blank] into [desired result]
- How To Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
- Get [desired result] Without [undesired result]
- Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
- Improve/Increase Your [desired result] In [time period]
- Imagine [desired result] And Loving Every Minute Of It
- Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
- Get [desired result] Without Losing [blank]
- The Lazy [blank’s] Way to [desired result]
- How To Make People Line Up And Beg To [blank]
- How To Get [desired result] Out Of [blank]
- How To [desired result] When You’re Not [blank]
- No [undesired result] Just [desired result] Everyday
- Never Suffer From [undesired result] Again
- The Quickest & Easiest Way To [desired result]
You now have an idea, great headline and now what should the body look like.
This is it…
You want to consider the whole blog post like a tunnel that just keeps getting smaller. To get the reader from one end of the tunnel to the other end of the tunnel you need to add lubricant.
So when creating your blog post, the introduction is KEY! This is the one opportunity to get that reader engaged, draw them in, keep them guessing on what is coming next and always keep them wondering did I miss out on anything.
TV shows are the best at this, they always end or go to a commercial right at a cliff point. They want to make sure you stay on that channel during commercials or why someone can spend 8 hrs watching a Netflix series.
Things like, “ I know what you are thinking”, I felt the same way with [blank] are good examples of a way to start a blog. It will leave a cliffhanger but also helps you and the reader relate.
When writing the body “white space is everything” the last thing you want is to have a full-page of text. This will scare the reader and/or they will get frustrated because they keep losing their spot.You should plan on no more than 2-4 sentence per paragraph. You want to break it up as much as possible.
You should plan on no more than 2-4 sentence per paragraph. You want to break it up as much as possible.
The next thing is pictures/videos are you, friend. Whenever you think this would be a great place for a picture, well it probably so places it in there.
The last 3 things you should always place in a blog post…
- Is some sort of opt-in! After reading a blog you want to give that client a way to give you their contact information. Why else would you be writing this blog?
- A way for them to share your blog. Whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
- Comments section. Keep this space big. It’s funny how the mind works, if you leave a small white space most people think that’s it and they can’t place anymore but if you leave a big white space they will tell you their life.
As always, If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by commenting below.
P.S. Have you been wanting to create a webinar but didn’t know where to start or how to get people to attend? You’re in luck!
The next few weeks I am going to take you from beginning to end on how to host a webinar to gain more prospect’s then ever before. Don’t miss another post again, sign up for my newsletter.
Worried about spam!
Don’t be…I don’t believe in spam. My promise to you is the only reason I would use your email is to inform you of the new post.
P.P.S. If you missed my last post on why blogging is so important you can check it out here >>http://thevirtualadvisorblog.com/3-reasons-why-you-need-to-have-a-blog/<<